The Government provide an annual ‘Sports Premium’ to schools to ensure that all pupils are accessing a full and effective physical education. At Cloudside Academy, we work to ensure this funding is spent effectively across the Academy to the benefit of all pupils. This includes funding specialist sports coaches, attendance at competitive sports events, extra-curricular activities and to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles for all pupils. We will ensure that sport and P.E. provision addresses the needs of all pupils, including those who belong to disadvantaged, vulnerable and gifted groups.
Sports Premium Policy
All sports provision will aim to increase attainment, inclusive participation, improve confidence, develop competitive strategies and hone techniques / skills; whilst encouraging a life-long love of sport, together with an understanding of the health benefits participation in sports activities brings.
Sport Premium Funding will enable Cloudside to fulfil the following aims:
- To ensure that we can promote and support the importance of a healthy lifestyle and place particular emphasis on the wellbeing of our pupils
- To ensure that pupils will learn how sport and activity impacts positively on all aspects of their lives and on that of the school;
- To improve the physical education experience for all children in our school;
- To support the school in increasing physical activity opportunities for our children;
- To enable our children to enjoy a range of school sport outside of the curriculum
- To ensure access for all children to high quality physical education lessons to develop fitness, stamina, health and well-being;
- To ensure the development of school sport is linked to wider agendas
For P.E. every child should be wearing P.E. kit consisting of blue/black shorts or jogging bottoms and a white short sleeved t-shirt. Footwear should be trainers or plimsolls although when working in the hall, they may complete activities such as gymnastics in bare feet. Your child may want to bring an extra sweatshirt or track suit for outdoor games in cold weather.
To view our Sports Premium Expenditure and Impact please click on the link below: